I’ve read this on a couple friends blogs and thought it was a cute idea and then as I was reading I discovered I’d been tagged to take my turn..
1. post these rules.
2. post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them
5. go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them
11 Random things about me:
1. Recently I’ve discovered I hate it when the excavators at all the construction sites near my home pack down the dirt. It totally makes me nervous everything on my wall is going to come crashing down.
2. I’m the oldest child in my family with 4 younger brothers and I adore all of them and their sweet wives. I always wanted sisters while growing up but can’t imagine not having gained the sisters I got when my brothers got married.
3. My husband is my very best friend we talk about everything together, we never have secrets, he makes me laugh more than anyone else, we never fight, only occasional “discussions” where we may have different ideas about something, he kisses me every morning before he leaves for work even if I’m not awake I always know I got a goodbye kiss in the morning and an I Love You. He is my dream husband and I can’t imagine my life without him.
4. My kids are my life, my every day is for them, to help them, to love them, to teach them, to learn from them, to tease them, to hug them, and to be the best mom I can be to them.
5. My biggest weakness would have to be Dr. Pepper in the bottle and Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream.
6. Monday’s are my least favorite day of the week because everyone has to leave the house and go to work and school and then I’m left at home alone with my thoughts and usually a dirty house.
7. I’m learning to like Saratoga Springs and it’s feeling more like home every day, but I’ll always be an Idaho girl and if we ever had the chance for a great job in Pocatello and a definite sale of our house in Utah I’d move back there in a heartbeat.
8. You all know this but I can’t leave it unsaid, I miss Gabriel so much I still wonder some days if this is really my life if I’m really that mom who has a child in heaven and although it seems unreal at times the ache and missing him in our daily lives is always there.
9. I absolutely love our view of the Lake and Mountain out our family room window. I never knew a home with a view could be so desirable. Today’s View below…
10. I like to blog about my family all the time but this writing about myself isn’t very easy and just so you know, I’m struggling to know what to write…
11. This last Friday we received a letter in the mail addressed to:
Books From Gabriel
c/o Amy Saville
The letter was from Primary Children’s Medical Center. The letter was basically a note of thanks for the books we donated. I cried while reading the letter and I’m so very proud to be Gabriel’s mom and having this great opportunity to do a good deed in his name.
11 Questions Brigette asked me:
1. What is one thing you wish you could do but haven't yet?
I wish I could take my mom skydiving, it has been her dream for most of her life and I’d love to go with her.
2. What is your favorite food?
I have several favorites but I do especially love Jalapeno Steak and Grilled Pork Chops.
3. What is your biggest fear?
I have 3 biggest fears, Snakes is one thing I’m terrified of, having a second child or my husband go to heaven before me is a pretty huge fear and I always worry that Gabriel will be forgotten by everyone except our little family.
4. What is one thing in life that you regret having done or not done?
I Love to sing and in High School I tried out for our show choir, The Marvals but I didn’t make it, I’m not saying that I totally should’ve, but I was sick the day my tryout was and I feel like I didn’t have a fair chance to try again when I wasn’t sick. I regret that I didn’t try harder and tryout again the next year. I truly felt like the teacher had the kids picked out that she wanted before ever having the tryouts and I wish I had made a bigger point to say why I needed another chance. I suppose in short I wish I was more outgoing in High School and cared less what people thought so that I could’ve had more opportunities. ( I know silly thing to think about so long after High School but that has always bothered me.)
5. What is your dream job?
I’d have to say that I already have my dream job. All I ever wanted to do was be a mom. When David and I got engaged I quit school and focused on becoming a wife and then not too long after we were married I focused on becoming a mom and I would never change having this job for anything else.
6. What is your favorite season?
I love when every season begins. I love the first part of spring when the sun starts shining more and the tulips begin to bloom, but I hate gloomy rainy days. I love when summer begins and it’s finally warm enough to wear flip flops and Capri's every day, but I don’t love it when it get’s too hot to want to go outside. I love the first part of fall when the tree’s start changing colors and the air gets crisp but not cold, and I love the first time it snow’s in the winter and the kids can make a snowman, but I don’t love all the bad roads and bad weather.
7. How do you like to spend your free time?
This weekend would be a perfect example of how I like to spend my free time. David and I made delicious meals and some extra good cookies. We all visited with new neighbors and can’t wait to visit again. We played games together in our lounge pants most of Saturday and we had a family movie night with popcorn and chocolate milk. I can think of nothing better.
8. Who do you wish you could meet?
I’ve always wanted to meet singers I adore. This year Katie and I hoped to be meeting Mindy Gledhill at the Good Grief Benefit Concert but alas she was not able to come. So yes I’d love to meet her. I’d also really really love to meet the Prophet of our Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints President Thomas S. Monson or either of his counselors. These men are such amazing leaders and I’d be so honored even to shake their hands. This last weekend we had our Stake Conference and the little girl in front of us asked her mom if President Monson was going to speak to us. I told her that’d be awesome if he was at our Stake Conference and the rest of the meeting I couldn’t stop thinking how awesome that would really have been.
Thomas S. Monson, Henry B. Eyring & Dieter F. Uchtdorf
9. If you could have only 1 thing in the world what would it be?
I’m not sure what kind of thing you mean but the first thing that comes to mind would always be my family. If you mean a more material thing I’d love to have an awesome little sports car. I’m not sure what model I’d want there are so many great ones.
10. Where is your dream vacation?
My dream vacation would be the same as David’s dream vacation. Since we got married we’ve always talked about him taking me to the Czech Republic and Slovakia so he could show me where he served his mission. I truly look forward to the day we can make that a reality.
Picture’s David took while on his mission, isn’t it beautiful?
11. Who do you look up to the most?
I look up to so many people but today I’ve been thinking about my own mom. My mom is so giving, she gives of her time, her love, her experiences and so many other things. My mom is the youngest in her family but a lot of the time she has the responsibilities of the oldest. She’s always there for everyone else’s hard days and problems she’s always listening to everyone else vent, she’s always available at the drop of a hat for her siblings, husband and children. She struggles with losing loved ones as we all do, but she’s always the strong one holding everyone else up. I know she feels like it goes unnoticed but I want her to know that it doesn’t, we all love her so much and yes we rely on her tremendously but we all truly appreciate all she does for us. I hope that as time goes on my family will be able to rely on me that same way because if I’m worthy to be relied on like that it’ll be a huge compliment to me.
11 Questions for those I tag..
1. What is one of your best memories?
2. What goal have you set for yourself and reached?
3. Where is your favorite place to visit?
4. What is your favorite thing to do?
5. If you could meet your personal hero and ask him/her one questing, who would that hero be and what would you ask.
6.Where is your favorite place to eat out?
7. What is your favorite book or movie and why?
8. If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you’d do with the money?
9. Who is your favorite musician?
10. What is your biggest regret?
11. Who is your best friend and why?
I tag, Sherry S., Angela F., Ashley S., Brooke B., & Molly J.