Monday night for family home evening we had a nice warm dinner of Broccoli Cheese Soup made with Veleeta Cheese. Then we carved Pumpkins.
This is the new recipe we tried and Loved!
Recipe Yield 6 servings
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 pounds processed cheese food (eg. Velveeta), cubed
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, simmer the broccoli in the broth for 15 minutes. In a separate skillet over medium heat, melt the butter or margarine, add the onions and saute for 5 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
- Add the flour to the onions and stir well, forming a pasty substance. Gradually add the milk and stir until thick. Add this mixture to the broccoli mixture in the pot and stir well. Then add the cheese, stirring until melted. Finally, add the pepper. (Note: Be careful not to let the soup boil, or the cheese will break down.)
Amount Per Serving Calories: 475 | Total Fat: 24.4g | Cholesterol: 54mg
Pumpkin carving turned out carvings of a Bat by Isaac & Mom, a Mummy by Madison, a smiling jack o lantern by Jenna, a hand coming out of the grave by Katie, a headless horseman and our new traditional G for Gabriel by Dad.
The next few pictures are just of our Halloween decorations. I wanted Serena to see that we have our ghosts out since I know she thinks they are so cute. And my mom is so excited to see all my nooks decorated. (They’re a pain to decorate).
All caught up for now!!